This light sponge cake with white chocolate cream and raspberry sauce will melt in your mouth. Delicious and not to sweet, great for every occasion.
♥ For sponge base:
- 5 eggs
- 165g sugar
- 150g white plain flour
- 50g potato starch
♥ For cream:
- 150g white chocolate
- 300ml double cream
♥ For raspberry sauce:
- 200g fresh or frozen raspberries
- 4tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 165°C.
- All ingredients should be at room temperature. Separate yolks from whites. Place egg whites in a mixing bowl and beat until stiff peaks. At this stage start slowly adding sugar, don’t stop beating. Sieve the plain flour and potato starch and stir very gently into the mixture using a spatula. Don’t use mixer to do that.
- Line bottom of 9″ round cake tin with baking paper, do not grease sides of the tin. Slowly transfer the mixture to the tin, bake for 35-40 minutes at 165°C. Take the sponge out of the oven, leave to cool in the tin. Use a knife to separate sides of the cake from the tin.
- To make raspberry sauce, place raspberries in a small saucepan, add 20ml water and sugar and bring to boil. After 2 minutes take of the heat, blend with a hand blender and put through very fine sieve.
- For cream, melt white chocolate in a water bath. When completely melted, add cream and put into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Cut cake in half horizontally. Put bottom half back into the tin, and cover lightly with half of raspberry sauce
- Take white chocolate and cream mix out of the fridge, place in a mixer bowl and beat for a few minutes until soft peaks. Put most of the cream on top of the raspberry sauce, cover with the other half of the sponge, soak with raspberry sauce like the first layer and cover with the rest of the cream. You can cover the cake with grated chocolate.
Content for the tab Polski