Carrot cake – this good, old, classic British bake is a perfect way to welcome a New Year😁
Ingredients for the cake:
- 260g all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 150ml vegetable oil
- 140ml orange juice
- 100g granulated sugar
- 100g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 300 g grated peeled carrots (5 to 6 medium carrots)
- 100 coarsely chopped pecans
- Peel, wash and grate the carrots, set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 165°C. Grease and line 3, 8-inch round, cake tins with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl mix sifted flour, baking soda, salt, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and add pecans.
- In a separate bowl mix eggs, vegetable oil, orange juice and vanilla extract. Add the mixture to the bowl with dry ingredients, mix with a spoon until just combined and on the end add grated carrots.
- Divide the cake batter between prepared cake tins and bake for 25-30 minutes. Leave the cake in tins for 15 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and peel of baking paper.
- 225 g full fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 150g icing sugar
- 80 ml double cream
Beat cream cheese with a handheld mixer for about one minute. Add the icing sugar, a tbsp at a time. When all the sugar is incorporated, add double cream and mix for another minute.
When the cake layers are completely cold, divide the icing into 3 portions and assemble your cake.
Wkrótce polska wersja