The secret to the perfectly even vanilla cupcakes is to make sure the butter is soft but not melting, and all the ingredients should be at a room temperature. Sticking to the mixing time stated in the recipe will prevent from over mixing the batter, which could result in a dense texture of your cupcakes.
Ingredients for vanilla cupcakes:
- 125g self rising flour
- 125g caster sugar
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 125g soft butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Line 12 hole cupcake baking tray with paper cases.
- Place all the ingredients apart from the milk in a standing mixer bowl. It is very important for butter to be soft, otherwise you will get lumps of butter in the batter and not so perfect baking results.
- Mix on slow speed for about 30 seconds with a paddle attachment. When the ingredients are roughly combined turn the speed up and mix for about a minute until light and fluffy.
- Add 1½ tbsp of milk and mix just until combined for about 30 second.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases. Bake for about 20-22 minutes.
Our PERFECT vanilla cupcakes will not be perfect without some delicious topping…
And here is how to make a basic buttercream:
- 150g soft butter
- 300g icing sugar
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- Few drops vanilla flavour
- Beat the butter for about 5 minutes until pale and fluffy.
- Sift the icing sugar and first add half of it to the butter. Beat for 5 minutes then add the rest and mix for another 5 minutes on fast speed.
- Turn the speed to a slow setting and add about two tablespoons of milk. If required add the rest of the milk but first: Check the consistency of the icing with a spatula. It should have nice soft and spreadable texture that holds its shape.
Content for the tab Polski