Cute looking, delicious and irresistibly bubblegummy cupcakes – you just have to make them.
Ingredients for cupcakes:
- 125g self rising flour
- 125g caster sugar
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 125g soft butter
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp bubblegum flavouring
- 1½ tbsp milkhttps://amzn.to/2VlLauB
- Pink and blue gel food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Line 12 hole cupcake baking tray with paper cases.
- Place all the ingredients – apart from food colourings – in a mixing bowl. Mix on slow speed for about 30 seconds. When the ingredients are roughly combined turn the speed up and mix for about a minute until light and fluffy.
- Split the mixture between two bowls. Add about a half teaspoon of pink food colouring to one of them, and blue to the other. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases. Add some of the blue and some of the pink cake mixture into each case. Bake for about 22 minutes.
Ingredients for buttercream:
- 150g soft butter
- 340g icing sugar
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- Food colourings
- Few drops of bubblegum flavour
- Beat the butter for about 5 minutes until pale and fluffy.
- Sieve the icing sugar and first add half of it to the butter. Beat for 5 minutes then add the rest and mix for another 5 minutes on fast speed.
- Turn the speed to a slow setting and add about two tablespoons of milk. If required add the rest of the milk but first: Check the consistency of the icing with a spatula. It should have nice soft and spreadable texture that holds its shape.
- To dye your icing transfer half of it to a separate bowl. Take a small amount of icing out of it and mix with about a half tsp of pink colouring gel. This method will help to distribute the colour evenly through the icing. Repeat with blue colour for the leftover icing.
- To pipe both colours of the buttercream and get that nice two coloured swirl you need to layer it in a piping bag. There is s very easy and brilliant way of doing this. I have seen it on a You Tube video by Cupcakes Gemma ( my very favourite channel ever) and it’s probably the best if you watch it yourself .
- Decorate your cupcakes using stars shaped piping tip. I’m sure they’ll look lovely no matter how good your piping skills are (mine aren’t the best 😄)
Also check my biscoff cookie cups recipe
Content for the tab Polski